6 January 2010

...new year, new beginnings...

A new year. A new 'beginning'. A new determination with a renewed hope and drive. A new resolution. (sometimes a new disappointment). A new diary...so much 'newness'...as if we are given a fresh start. This one day a year, we feel as though we are entitled to a whole new blank page to fill as we wish.
I must say, I was rather surprised at just how therapeutic it felt to open my new 2010 diary; as if fresh from the printers the pages gleaming blank, free of business and loudness, free of comments, memos, notes in black, blue, red and purple ink...the noise my 'old' diary excudes is incredible. You can actually here the train-train du quotidien - that 'stress' that our society so kindly seeps into our daily lives. However it's a bit of a treasure as it harbours such a complete histoire of me: the romances, the appointments, the trips, the jobs and the projects of the past 18 months - add also several doodles, stickers and newspaper cuttings. So much clutter really... No! My new diary is currently free of all comments, marks and stickers; the leather sturdy and smooth and the edges unruffled and undamaged. It's ready to welcome what this new year brings...i just hope it's gleaminess last's more than a week....


2 comments:

Momo said...

I like your Moleskine :-), and I like travelling, even if I must to say that the trips are often a lonely activity. But you never found love travelling ?

NB said...

thanks to my parents, i fell in love with travelling when i was young...loving the experience, the encounters, the mental transitions and cultural enrichments no matter how short the journey...
once i fell in love during my 'travels'... but when i decided to pursure my journey and come 'home', it was hard to say goodbye and leave them behind. they weren't ready to 'travel' with me...
however now, after a series of strange coincidences, i found the best love of all at home...